Adalo is rotten

No company or person is perfect. I’ve often been impressed by how quickly Adalo’s team responds over Twitter, even if they don’t give a message the issue gets resolved.

Certainly no excuse for you to be rude, for sure the Adalo team is working hard.

While I do find bugs in Adalo, there hasn’t been anything other than getting the users location I haven’t been able to find a work around on. But for sure sometimes I am left scratching my head,

I also personally haven’t found these forums all that helpful.

I feel like our early adopter status of Adalo is both a gift and a curse.

A gift because we are leaders in a style of app design that I think is going to be the future of a lot of development.

A curse because the technology is still not mature or well documented.

3 Likes

Actually, I do agree with the original poster! The kind of help and support Adalo provides will be the real bottleneck for them. These forums just seem like chat forums instead of getting some genuine help. Everyone else browsing the forums just cherry pick the posts at whims and reply that. No proper answers are received here.

I asked a very basic and core question in my other post that which database is connected to a live published app but no one bothered to answer. And why would any one bother? No one is Adalo’s employee, nor is it an open source or freeware that people would be so willing to help and sort out issues of others! A product which you’re selling, you have to take care of the support yourself. And not assume that a few “excited” users would keep helping others like forever.

So as I see this is the gratitude for all these community members, who spend their personal time answering questions on forums, providing free support and solving the problems of other makers.

Thank you for your response, this is very motivational to continue doing this community job. Good to know that you don’t consider all this to be useful.

1 Like

I agree with you @Victor.

As community leaders, we could be spending our precious time working on our personal apps or our client’s apps, but we don’t want other makers to learn the hard way of learning everything by yourselves and not knowing how to do anything in Adalo.

There are ~ 200,000 makers using Adalo/the Forum, it’s very hard for me, @Victor @Erik, and other makers to answer every single post in the forum. Also, @anon78309838 is for the most part is answering all the support tickets — there are 100’s or thousands of tickets that need to be answered.

There is a lot of posts in the forum that have no detail or screenshots to help you solve the problem.

The Adalo Team is working on performance right now to make Adalo app faster and easier to use for your users. They can’t be answering questions in the forum and working on the performance — keep in mind, almost the whole team is working on performance right now.

This a personal opinion, I’m sure other makers have benefited from the forum a lot, I learned a lot from looking at video tutorials and explanations in the forum made by @Victor @Erik @pford, and more…

Every morning I push myself to answer topics in the forum — sometimes I don’t want to because there are like 20 New posts — but I always push myself to answer topics so other makers could benefit and have a great time making their dream apps in Adalo instead of it having to be their worst dream ever.

$50/month is actually a very fair price for publishing apps to the App Stores and actually developing the app. If there was no such thing as Adalo or any other no-code App builder you would have to spend $60,000 to more than $500,000 to actually build the app.

If someone is sending in spam tickets with 2 words in it — they are not even going to bother looking at it and just delete it.

Also keep in mind — everyone is in different parts of the world — Asia, Europe, United States, and more, so there is a 5 hour time difference.

I hope you understand now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Victor @James_App_Maker ,

You guys are taking this wrong. You guys are very helpful. But what we’re trying to say is not to discourage you guys or disrespect your efforts.

Let me reiterate my point of view: You guys willingly help and support other makers in the forums. I know, you guys have helped me in a few situations. Which is very greatly appreciated. But what we’re saying is that you guys can’t help everyone and with every question! Because you have to do your own projects and other things. Right? However, this should be the responsibility of Adalo team to help and guide all those who’re interested. No? If we’re going to pay for a product, no just once, but like forever, once we have built an app with Adalo, then how can they just ignore and just keep it to volunteers? Customer support is what makes and breaks a product.

For example, I asked this many days ago: Which database our live app connents to?. This was very basic question about the capabilities of the product. But no one clarified it. In fact, someone from Adalo should have elaborated this. I hope you guys understand my point of view.

1 Like

Hi Shazad,

The team is focusing on performance right now — not the forum. Also there is support tickets that need to be answered.

@James_App_Maker
Now that is quite discouraging. Does that mean, Adalo doesn’t bother any new people signing up after clarifying their concerns? Or do you mean we should send questions to support tickets and take forums as a casual chit chat?

One more thing. No one is building no-code tools for charity. Someone saw money in it and then this movement started because everyone wanted their part of the pie! To be a real business taking care of customers is important. Not just existing but potential ones too. :slight_smile:

What I would add to @James_App_Maker message - it is not just Community Leaders or Experts who spend time to answer the questions. This is also a lot of other Makers, who share their experience and help each other to solve the issues they face.

I wanted to tag the ones whom I’ve seen actively helping others - but the list became too long. So I’m really sorry to see someone saying that forum is a “chit chat” or “not helpful”.

Personally I’ve learned a lot from the posts of other Makers here. And I can only thank all the members who help each other.

Best,
Victor.

6 Likes

I can’t even find a support system where I can ask a questions! Can anyone share the link please?

1 Like

Just for the information.

Here is Adalo’s Statement of Support: Adalo Statement of Support.
Adalo Community is listed under “Resources you can use to help yourself” section.

Also here are the Community Guidelines: Adalo Community Guidelines
Here is the quote:

Best,
Victor.

1 Like

And one more message (although this becomes too long). @scientist if you do a search on forum using the phrase “app database live app”, you could find some results which might be useful for you.

In brief, the “live app in stores” is using the same database of the “app in builder”, from which it was published. So obviously the changes in DB should be done with care.
There are also several threads about app update practices. There is no “silver bullet” to have GIT-like repository & versioning, but personally I find some of these advices to be useful.

Would you prefer to receive an official reply to your request, submitting a support ticket could be the best option.

3 Likes

@Victor @James_App_Maker

Thank you both.

1 Like

HI @scientist,
I actually am 50% on what you say. Because many times people ask simple questions (Or vague questions) which they didn’t bother to test and search for themselves, and they don’t want to waste their time but expect other people to waste their time and explain to them.

I use 6 different app platforms and behavior is the same, so is a “people’s” issue, not Adalo community. I only seen one company with outstanding Customer Support, but you pay a steep price for that on top.

So it is a knife with 2 ends, you decide bad or good way, there a lot of good people and “teachers” here, but these are also still discovering the tool, as Oivaizmir says and hitting the nail, is still not very mature and documented, which is normal for a startup/scale-up company.

For the 50$/Month, still impressed with the type of Apps you can do.

Only downside here for me for now, is Adalo Speed/stability and lack of GeoLocation and some features could be improved (E.g. Calendar, small tweaks in the visibility conditions or collections).

Another thing on top, for those using the Free plan, well, in all companies, the support is given by community, so those need to be patient if you don’t want to spend the “bucks” yet, we all have mouths to feed :slight_smile:

Just my 2 cent opinion on this in general, not an “attack” to you :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

@JL_LJ

None taken :slight_smile:

I can say for myself, that I tried everything but couldn’t find proper answers to some questions. I watched all the videos, waded through all the docs, searched around. I’m even following a couple of community leaders on YouTube. And bought two courses as well. :slight_smile:

Anyway, my major concerns are resolved now. Thanks for chipping in.

Well damn. Now I remember why I laid off the forum for a while. Lol

8 Likes

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

We’ve not been ignoring this subject but rather closely monitoring and letting the feedback sink in.

Obviously, reading posts like this hurts. It hurts as a CX staffer at Adalo, it hurts as a creator and maker myself and it hurts because it hurts the company and product I love.

But hurt won’t stop me from taking on the feedback received here, passing it along the right channels and learning from it. At the end of the day, that’s our ultimate intention. Learn and improve!

I would like to address one major point in this thread though. We clearly have a passionate group of makers who may have been more disheartened by this than us and those are our community leaders who help out here in the forum with no self-interest. Please don’t be disheartened by negativity, you are truly appreciated here by the community and very much so by the team at Adalo too! This also extends to those who also help and are not community leaders (yet :slightly_smiling_face:)

I’m going to close this topic on that note.

9 Likes