Adalo + Web Apps

Is Adalo looking into adding the capability of building web apps?

Hi @JohnT ,

It seems your question has been replied to in this Forum thread, so you may wanna take a look at it to get a better understanding of what’s coming next in our Road map!

-MV

1 Like

Thank you!

Sorry, I don’t have the time to browse the forum so I just hopped on and asked.

Don’t worry, that’s completely fine, it can be hard to keep track of everything!

-MV

I’m glad you guys are finally working on this.

It sounds like Adalo will be worth coming back to in a year or however long it takes you to flesh that out, however I will likely be able to build apps myself by that time :smiley:

I’m glad you are working on it, though. For the project I am working on it is ESSENTIAL to have a browser interface for some behind the scenes staff to manage the app and for data entry. Doing this via the app on mobile is not good, as there is a lot of data entry required.

If your API was more fleshed out with proper queries to the database / collections, this wouldn’t be such a big problem because I could just pull data and/or insert where necessary, but the interaction with the Adalo database through the API is very limited in comparison to a proper database for example MongoDB. Only being able to interact with the collections by pulling the entire collection, or pulling a single item BY ID ONLY is not good enough for me to be able to build my own web version of a mobile app instead of using your editor. It doesn’t give enough access. I’m glad it exists, but it needs improvement.

I’m happy to see filtering lists by AND / OR. That was a huge, huge pet peeve for me while building the mobile app.

NOW YOU GUYS NEED TO BUILD IN “STATE!” How you haven’t done this already boggles my mind as the concept of “state” is extremely important and necessary for apps.

Using boolean fields or text fields as variables within the logged in user is a headache.

I’m glad to see you guys are continuing to improve Adalo, as I was very impressed with it the first time I came across it but disappointed with its limitations.

1 Like