App REJECTED because it does not respect the privacy rules! ADALO WHERE ARE YOU?

Today my app under review was rejected because:

Guideline 5.1.2 - Legal - Privacy - Data Use and Sharing

We noticed you do not use App Tracking Transparency to request the user’s permission before tracking their activity across apps and websites. The app privacy information you provided in App Store Connect indicates you collect data in order to track the user, including Name, Phone Number, and User ID.

Starting with iOS 14.5, apps on the App Store need to receive the user’s permission through the AppTrackingTransparency framework before collecting data used to track them. This requirement protects the privacy of App Store users.

Next Steps

Here are two ways to resolve this issue:

I collect data for user registration (email, name, password, interests and more) how can I notify the user of this?
I have a privacy policy (and it seems not enough for apple) moreover the data I collect I need for the correct functioning of the application and for its processing. However, the data will not be used outside the application and will not be shared with third parties!

Shouldn’t Adalo have a built-in feature for that? I think adalo should intervene immediately to enter the permit request!

Hi @miticobeppe,

This is an important question, there was a topic on it already Apple App Tracking Transparency - any actions from Makers' side?, but it wasn’t resolved.

Reading the first sentence from the link you’ve provided, it states: “You must use the AppTrackingTransparency framework if your app collects data about end users and shares it with other companies for purposes of tracking across apps and web sites.”

I guess the important part here is “shares it with other companies for purposes of tracking across apps and web sites”. I guess that normal app usage in Adalo should not fall under this case, but I don’t have any proofs for that.

This is an important question, @anon78309838 @ben1 would you be so kind to escalate it? App Makers need a clear guidance on this, and you have better access to Apple than us.

Thanks!

Best,
Victor.

1 Like

I have escalated this internally for some clarification.

1 Like

I will try to send it noting that “I do not collect data” explaining that the data collected is only used for the operation of the application.
But this is not consistent with a business model that hopefully in the future can also EARN and not just SPEND.

If my app will have 100,000 users in 1 year, I must be able to decide what to do and in which direction to go (with the data collected), perhaps I may need to do analysis, newsletters, etc … In this way we cannot ! It is unthinkable!

Hi @miticobeppe,

I would read the sentence from Apple as follows: “You must use the AppTrackingTransparency framework if your app collects data about end users and shares it with other companies for purposes of tracking across apps and web sites.”.

Do you plan to share the data collected in your app with other companies to allow them (companies) track your users? If yes, then App Tracking Transparency is required.

This is just my understanding though.

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.