Current User - vs - Logged In User logics

Hi. I have searched the Adalo dictionary first. Then I searched the existing questions/answers. Still in some doubts. Need to be sure.

Who is Current User?
Who is Logged in User?

My understanding for now is as follows.

Logged In User is the one who are authorized and active at the moment in the mobile application. It can be only one per ā€œpeerā€ (per mobile device, or per IP).

While Current User - is any user in the context of situation. For example, I set up a dialogue screen, so a Current User there could be any User to whom another user (including Logged In User) is related, for example is in dialogue with.

PS Where to find a strict definition of such things for Adalo context?

Yes, that sounds right. Logged in user is as you say. The current user is the user in the context of your data flow. For example, if you have a list of users and navigate to another page by clicking through it, the user you clicked will be ā€˜current userā€™ on the next page.

1 Like

Very many thanks. Same proved by experience. When I indicate Logged In user as a dynamic source for an image - I see my own avatar. And when I choose a Current User - I see different avatars.
So I consider this proved :wink:

Now I have another question. Perhaps I should create a new topic for it.

Surprisingly enough, I donā€™t see a dictionary for most important terms, such above, in some academic format. Tutorial videos are good, but too fluent for me, and too specific as well. It is necessary to have them. However I need both theory and practice. To say this more academically :wink: - I need more explicit learning rather that just implicit learning by example.

So my question is - does such theory exist in any source anywhere at all? I would love to read about basic concepts, about how Adalo works in general, etc.

For example, implicitly I tended to conclude (and that was an error) that button ā€œUpdateā€ creates another line in a database, while when I explicitly questioned that from more experienced user - received an answer that in fact ā€œUpdateā€ button did not create new line but instead updated a field (or some fields) in the existing line just created. So I would rather read about basic things like this in advance before even looking at any example. That would make watching those tutorial videos much more useful and productive for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.