Find user with most similar relationship to that of another user

Greetings,

I understand this question may be a bit complicated. If there are any forum posts, videos, or classes from the app academy that may be of better use, please let me know. I am also familiarizing myself with Airtable, in the case that may provide a better environment for my idea.

I am creating an app with two collections: Users and Questions. Questions are either answered with “yes” or “no.”

I have it designed such that, when each user answers a question with yes, that question will be added to their column designated for such questions (as of now, it will move to the next question if they answer no). For users, let’s call this the “yes” column - which is a relationship between collections users and questions

For the logged in user, I want to find a way to produce/locate a separate user (a current user) whose relationship with questions is most similar to that of the logged in user. This current user would either show up in a separate column for a given user in the database, or it would show up in a custom list of users in the app.

For example:
user 1 “yes” column: (question id numbers) 1, 3, 7, 9, 10 [current user: user 2]
user 2: 1, 2, 3, 4, 8 [current user: user 3]
user 3: 2, 4, 8, 9, 15 [current user: user 2]

In this case, user 1 shares 2 questions with user 2 and 1 question with user 3, therefore the current user for user 1 would be user 2. However, User 2 shares 3 questions with user 3, so user 3 would show up for them. Even though User 1’s current user is user 2, user 2 has a different current user.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Hi @ear131 ,

You can try with total in users collection, whenever shared add a number there.

This kind of scenario need deep experiments, let me know if you need an example to proof it.

1 Like

Hi @Yongki,

Many thanks for the advice. I would actually appreciate an example if it is no trouble.

I will DM you later.