Highlight repeats in list

Hello!

I am trying to figure out how to highlight repeated student names in a list of classes. I’d like to be able to identify quickly names that are repeated, specifically in classes that are back to back or overlapping. This will help me identify conflicts.

Thank you!

Abby

Hi @Abby,

Could you please elaborate a bit? In my opinion general approach will be to use conditional visibility and “Count” filters, but details may vary.

Best,
Victor.

Hi Victor,

Thank you for responding! I have an app that manages dance classes and performances for studios. Each class has multiple kids, but many of those kids take several classes. Those classes and/or students participate in multiple shows throughout the year, and each show has a different “show order”.

I’m trying to include a way to highlight or identify when a particular student may have what’s called a Quick Change. That’s when the student has less than 2 dances to change costumes and be back on stage. Currently an admin has to individually identify and indicate when students have a quick change for each dance in the show order. When you are dealing with hundreds of students this can become extremely time consuming.

I would like for these conflicts to be identified automatically so adjustment could be made in order to alleviate these conflicts in the show order. The problem is that for each Show Order (it’s own database) there are multiple databases being pulled in and filtered based on the Event, the
Classes and the Performers. I think identifying students who have a quick change with an icon that has conditional visibility works, and I’m thinking a formula may need to be included, but I’m struggling.

Your help is much appreciated!

Abby

Hi @Abby,

I did a small POC - do you mean something like this:
Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom?

There are several restrictions which need to be met to implement it, but in theory it is possible.

Best,
Victor.

Hi Victor,

That looks to be on the right track! It seems like it should be applicable even if you are changing the class instead of just one dancer.

Do you have more specifics on how you accomplished that?

Thank you!

Abigail Stewart

Prosody Performing Arts
prosodyperformanceartsmgmt@gmail.com

Hi Victor,

Is it possible to get a short tutorial on your process for creating this?

Thanks,

Abigail Stewart

Prosody Performing Arts
prosodyperformanceartsmgmt@gmail.com

Hi @Abby,

Sorry, missed your message due to high workload. Give me a bit of time please.

Best,
Victor.

Thanks!

Hi @Abby,

Better late then never: Adalo help: Dancers in the Show - how to highlight repeats in the list? - YouTube

Enjoy!

Best regards, Victor.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Abby Stewart

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.