HIPAA Compliant

It still doesn’t fix the HIPAA, PHI/medical documentation storage issue.

Some HIPAA complaint non-code options:
Caspio
Knack
Docframe

2 Likes

Mobile apps do not need HIPAA compliance if they do not transfer user inputted data to a hipaa compliant person/business… what that means is that if there is no link between user inputted data and a covered entity ANYWHERE in your database you are good to go- that includes the transferring of first names, last names, emails, phone numbers etc. it also cannot be linked through other services like mailchimp or avochado. It cannot be linked through a user and provider sharing created date or updated date either.

PHI is for covered entities only, which is why apple and other parties do not need compliance to store things such as ecg readings heart rate or blood ox levels.

As my app is currently being sold to covered entities and there is literally a competitor in this feed, I will not get into how I bypassed hipaa through basic tactics, but I will tell you that it is entirely possible to think outside of the box in regards to bypassing hipaa altogether.

Again to conclude— your app cannot be hipaa compliant, but it doesn’t necessarily need to be in certain cases such as adding premium users.

It’s also important to know that hipaa requires complete end to end encryption and not just user permissions.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.