Registering Students and Parents

I’m working on a student management app. Parents need to be able to log in and view the records for their kids. So I included a “Guardian” user type. Students do not need to log in so I created a separate collection for them.

The problem I am having is creating a form that lets the admin register a student and either create a guardian account (if one does not already exist) or associate the student with a guardian account (if it already exists). I figure this can be done with an email field in the student registration form but I can’t seem to add one. Any ideas?

Create a relationship on database between guardians and students.

Let the guardians create their own account, and then let admin associate it with a student.

On admin panel have a list of guardians that admin can search through, click on the guardian in the list and admin then gets directed to a new page which has a list of students. Then make the click action on the student to create the relationship between current guardian and current student. Assuming the admin is sometimes going to make a mistake, have two buttons on the list of students. One to add the student and one to remove the student from the relationship with the guardian.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.