Required List Values

Hi! I’m trying to create a chat room that does not send empty body messages and manage file uploads that are blank. Is there anyway to specify that when a list is created there are mandatory fields or attributes of the list that must have a value for the new entry to be created?

Simply: How do I require specific attributes of new list values (to restrict blank entries)?

Hi Chrissy,

Welcome to the community :partying_face:

You can add a visibility condition to the button that only visible if the Input>Is not equal>to empty. Or you can make your Create action conditional as same : Ultimate guide on how to create a CHAT feature in Adalo (Text, Images, Chatrooms, like WhatsApp) - YouTube

If I understood you correctly you mean don’t show the Image component if the user doesn’t upload a image right? Then you can add a visibility condition to the Image component that only visible if Current Message>Image>is not equal to>empty. : Ultimate guide on how to create a CHAT feature in Adalo (Text, Images, Chatrooms, like WhatsApp) - YouTube

Thank you

1 Like

Hi! Thank you so much for your help. I’m trying to figure out how to navigate a button to add a new file upload but making sure it only creates the new list value if the file is actually uploaded.

Your Welcome!

You mean update the message that can upload a new file or while creating a new message upload file? Or you mean check if the user has uploaded the file?

Hi! This is separate from the message creation. I am just talking about updating a list of documents (so managing file uploads).

Oh! You mean there is a list of Documents and you need to update a Document right? Then you can add a button or a icon to the list and link it to a new screen and add a form and connect to the Documents collection and choose Update Document.