Security, Encryption, Sustainability & GDPR

We’d also like to know if there’s an update on this? EU servers ideally or Privacy Shield compliance are a must have for us to deploy. It’s such a shame as we love the platform!

4 Likes

Would love an update on this. I can only speak for my small company, but if Adalo gets HIPAA compliance I will be the first to throw all my money at them.

As a mobile engineer, most “plug and play” app tools allow you to do very basic database features, most of them link to a Google firebase DB environment. For companies who’s business is the mobile app itself, their top concern is security compliance. Regardless of how great a mobile building tool may be, without the security it’s a hard pass. Until then, I’ll stick to coding my apps from scratch.

3 Likes

If you are offering EU servers, maybe also have the option of Asia/Australian server.

My current app with Bubble runs on an AWS Sydney server (obviously I pay for the dedicated AWS instance) and the Bubble team manage it and their platform (which I pay for)

The main reason I am looking at Adalo is your native app capability, as this is truly amazing, but being able to run an app with good resources, without resources being drained by either my many users or “noisy” neighbours would be amazing.

1 Like

Hi @jeremy, have you got any feedback regarding all items ongoing for GDPR and security?

In Europe, we won’t be able to go live without a minimum set of GDPR requirements (the most complex could wait a bit I think).

Many thanks, I’m currently working on my whole setup for the incoming launch of my business, based on adalo as the backend and partly front-end.

2 Likes

True, no European Market apps without clear GDPR requirement fullfiled here…where are collections stored in Adalo, AWS or some Homebased Adalo servers ?

1 Like

Just added another thread:

1 Like

Do you have an update? Here or there Taking the Brakes Off - #19 by 110p

2 Likes

Hi there, can we get any update on that please?

1 Like

Please refer to this request and add your upvote to it in order to be informed when there has been progress made on this. GDPR Specific Actions | Voters | Adalo

We are doing our best to put in place the systems needed for these processes and compliance but they take time. We hope you understand and bear with us.

1 Like

Can we use AWS as backend for Adalo app (frontend)? Seems it would help solve a number of issues, is it in works?

3 Likes

Hey!

One quick question : is there any action planned to work on SCC at Adalo? That would / will allow to bypass the Privacy Shield issue, and let European makers (and any maker with European users) build compliant apps…

Many thanks!

1 Like

Hey @ChristopheHK I’m not familiar with SCC, could you provide me some further details for this so I may add it to the ticket regarding GPDR if needed.

Hey @anon78309838,

Hereafter some useful links dealing with the Standard Contractual Clauses / SCC :

It’s something to put in lawyers hands…

1 Like

Thanks for the info - will pass it through the right channels

3 Likes

Many thanks @anon78309838,
It will be of great interest and help for any UE maker and even any maker building pro apps targeting UE users :pray:t2::+1:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Hello everyone, is there any update please regarding GDPR? :slight_smile:

1 Like

When there is an update on this, you will be the first to know Tommen :wink:

1 Like

Thanks and sorry for being annoying :smile: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I wonder if an acceptable workaround in the meantime (for web apps) is to use another service for your homepage/landing page, a service that has a GDPR compliant popup that the consumer can accept before clicking into signup for your app. I’m using Unstack, and the templates are excellent. You can’t edit their GDPR message (for now) but still might be an interim solution if you need to go live immediately in Europe with your Adalo web app.

2 Likes

No that is not true :slight_smile:

Although we do lack meeting certain requirements in GDPR, there are many requirements we already do meet.

It is something we are working towards achieving this year.

5 Likes