Security, Encryption, Sustainability & GDPR

When there is an update on this, you will be the first to know Tommen :wink:

1 Like

Thanks and sorry for being annoying :smile: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I wonder if an acceptable workaround in the meantime (for web apps) is to use another service for your homepage/landing page, a service that has a GDPR compliant popup that the consumer can accept before clicking into signup for your app. I’m using Unstack, and the templates are excellent. You can’t edit their GDPR message (for now) but still might be an interim solution if you need to go live immediately in Europe with your Adalo web app.

2 Likes

No that is not true :slight_smile:

Although we do lack meeting certain requirements in GDPR, there are many requirements we already do meet.

It is something we are working towards achieving this year.

5 Likes

Hi @anon78309838 If you guys can commit to GDPR compliance within 2020, I can commit to Adalo now. Is it a deal? :crossed_fingers:

I wish I was in a position to make that deal with you but unfortunately, I am not. This is in the hands of the product team.

I know… …I’m being intentionally provocative. Though now you can say to the product team “you’re creating all these cool new features which are really nice to have but this one feature will unlock revenue!”

It has to be said that I love the platform you guys are building but for now I can’t use it or recommend it to others handling EU personal data.

Looking forward to seeing GDPR on the roadmap, keep us posted on progress.
All the best.

1 Like

is it actually going to happen? seems like adalo works pretty well on its marketing and image (constantly releasing new features) but forgets to make it rather useful for its users :thinking:

would be useful to get updated at least of the progress, is it happening? this year? next year? “one day”?

1 Like

This is not something that is our main priority right now and is therefore quite hard to attach an expected release date to.

Our CEO recently wrote a blog article about our current priorities and it may shed some light as to why certain aspects may take longer than expected to get to.

1 Like

thanks, appreciate the update. however, as i mentioned earlier it is sad that adalo focuses on its image rather than make it actually useful. hearing there is not a priority to make the app useful for its users (who have bigger plans) it clearly demonstrates what type of company adalo is, just something that would differentiate the from its competitors

“Useful” depends on perspective and personal preference.

I’m sorry you do not find it useful but many others do and it certainly isn’t about focusing on our “image”.

Hi @ChristopheHK,
I would be super grateful if you could share the minimum set of GDPR requirements for you?
No pressure, I am not asking for legal advice here :-), just your perspective as you seem to have looked at the issue in detail.
My perspective from @jeremy’s message is that Adalo is GDPR compliant on most fronts, what is needed are SCCs (between us clients as data controllers and Adalo as data processors), Data processing agreements and the confirmation that Adalo has GDPR-compliant data processors. But I may be missing something here.
Many thanks. Greg

1 Like

Thanks for the comprehensive answer. I have some follow-ups.

1. Is there any update to what you wrote above which was 10 months ago!?
  2. There were two questions from @dosandco that you did not answer and it would be great to have your answer on them:
    • Have you got Data Processing Agreements (DPA’s) with your own sub-suppliers?
    • Will you be offering a DPA to Adalo clients - Bubble have included theirs in their terms of service?
  3. Is there a way for you to include the EU Standard Contractual Clause (SCC) (I guess the “data controller” to “data processor” one in the agreement between Adalo and its clients?

Thanks! Greg

Hi Colin!

Following my peers above, let me please ask you a possible solution to this situation. Let’s assume I am trying to develop an app which requires its users to sign up and log in and my users are from Europe. Would it be doable to simply make then tick the line saying “I agree with terms and conditions.”? Which of course would refer to the document detailing the T and C regarding the app and its data usage. The data would not be used for any other purposes than logging in. Just trying to find a possible solution :thinking: :blush:

well not sure about that, is it going to comply? better to hear from someone from adalo, @anon78309838 god an idea please ?

what does one need to do here to get a response ??

1 Like

I am in no way a GDPR expert and therefore not qualified to answer direct questions relating to it.

I am only able to provide everyone here with the info that I have available to me. Which is that GDPR is on our radar, we are aware of the shortcomings on our side in this and we will be taking the measures needed to fix it, but we cannot provide a date on when that may be.

On the other hand, if you are an expert in this field yourself, there are many ways in which you can circumvent these issues within your apps to avoid non compliance. Some of these methods have already been described above and do not need to be repeated.

I am going to close this topic now as I feel that this topic can only progress further through your own workaround to the current shortcomings presented.