The biggest limitations I've found after using Adalo for 10 months

First and foremost, I love Adalo in the 10 months that I’ve been subscribed. It’s been a real game-changer for my business.

I had a conference call with @Ben yesterday and I just wanted to share the biggest limitations that I’ve faced using Adalo as the primary tool for my app development ventures. I do realize that some of these limitations are already established as feature requests within the roadmap but our chat was pretty insightful.

1. External collections with nested parameters
  2. Custom horizontal lists
  3. Gradients
  4. “Back” UX functionality.

External collections with nested parameters
When we need values from nested parameters within an external collection, Adalo defaults to only grabbing the first values of the nested array.

Custom horizontal lists
The name says it all. Same exact functionality as the custom list but with horizontal swiping.

Gradients
Background gradients for screens, rectangles, ellipses would be a huge improvement for UI (rather than using photoshop to create custom gradients with image components). I did purchase NoCode Monkey’s gradient rectangle and it’s pretty cool and all, but I think there is a lot of room to expand on gradients.

“Back” UX functionality
When a user clicks back from viewing a list item to the screen containing the full list, the user is scrolled all the way back to the top of the screen instead of resuming at the same location that was already in the viewport. This makes social media-style apps a little finicky and this has been the most dominant feature request from our app users.

It was really cool that Ben took the time to listen to what I had to say about using Adalo and I’m looking forward to what comes next!

6 Likes

Man I’d love to see gradient features come, especially if we can point the HEX codes from collections. Our app shows off hundreds of sports teams, and I have to use images of the colors for everything due to this lacking feature. Talk about crazy load requests loading hundreds of images for a list!

2 Likes

Dude that looks tight.