Unlock markers near not-logged in users

Hi
I am trying to build a feature in my PWA. Where users who are not logged in, but who has allowed access to their location, will have markers revealed within a certain proximity. Is that possible? Many thx in advance

Hi @Wammen,

You can update location for each user from within the app - on some app page, for example.
Though after a user closes the app - the location won’t be updated anymore. You can’t build an “online people tracker” on Adalo for those users who are not using the app.
Also keep in mind that location updates use some credits in Google’s Location APIs, so if you are updating a location on each click, this might become costly.

NB: I am not sure if Adalo-based apps can update the location while running in the background. Anyway when a user explicitly closes the app - location updates will stop anyway.

Best regards, Victor.

Hi Victor, many thx for your answer. Let me elaborate. The user is within the maps component of the app - it doesn’t require login to my app to be directed to the page of the map component. I just want to show users on that page markers within 200 meter I.e.

Hi @Wammen,

It might be possible to build this without having users to sign-up / login explicitly, but this is quite cumbersome.

However, imagine the scenario:

• user downloads and opens the app. Location is recorded. User is in New York.
  • user closes the app and never opens it again, travels back to San Francisco
  • this user’s NYC location will be recorded in the app and will be displayed to others.

Best regards, Victor.

Hi Victor,

Again Thx for answering. I have built a Pwa where No login is needed. I included the maps component there to show locations in vicinity of The visitor. It works just fine. The only thing I want to do is to only reveal the markers when the user is within a given range :blush:

Hi @Wammen,

It seems there is some misunderstanding here.
Do you want to reveal the locations of users on the map?
Or you want to reveal the location of some other static objects with fixed coordinates on the map?

Best,
Victor

@Victor

Sorry for my poor explanation of topic :blush:

Your last point is correct. Reveal objectswith static locations as “not-logged” in users are nearby.

I hope it makes sense

It is actually the exact same feature I wish to enable on Adalo for not-logged-in users.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.