Adding a horizontal scroll bar?

Hi everyone,

I’m new to Adalo and never built an app before using Adalo. Has anyone built a horizontal scroll bar? I’m trying to add a filter by option for my app. I thought it would be cool to have a section where users can scroll left/right for various (radio button) options. If anyone has built one, I would appreciate some help.

Best

Hi @dreamjobs and welcome!

Unfortunately horizontal scrolling is not currently possible right now. Please consider making a feature request for this here: Feature Requests | Adalo

Thanks for the update. It’s ok, I’ll find a different workaround or build it myself.

On a different note, is there a way to create tags or multiple values in one input field and everything else that goes with making this happen? Here is an example of what I’m trying to create:

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 9.40.32 AM.png

Thanks
Chad

There isn’t a component specifically for this but you can make your own workaround by using the rectangle component, add some rounding styling to it, then place a text component inside it, center the text. Then create a list of those 2 components, make it 3 columns wide and select from which collection this list comes from.

This will produce the same result as seen in the screenshot provided. Then deselecting an item would be the case of either filtering it out based on a properties attribute or with a visibility rule.

1 Like

Ok, but this is only assuming it was static data. If I were to create a dynamic list, does this approach still work? And I’m guessing that this solution wouldn’t work for an input field?

Yes, you can use what Colin described above with a custom list.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.