Apple Rejected My App: How Do I Revise Purpose String in My App’s Info.plist file for the camera?

Does anyone know how to fix this on Adalo? As far as I know I never set this up. How do I “revise the purpose string in my app’s Info.plist file for the camera to explain why my app needs access and include an example of how the user’s data will be used?”

See below for their message to me:

Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

Lastly, we noticed that your app requests the user’s consent to access the camera, but doesn’t sufficiently explain the use of the camera in the purpose string.

To help users make informed decisions about how their data is used, all permission request alerts need to explain how your app will use the requested information.

Next Steps

Please revise the purpose string in your app’s Info.plist file for the camera to explain why your app needs access and include an example of how the user’s data will be used.

You can modify your app’s Info.plist file using the property list editor in Xcode.

Resources

I think you should only put a text indicating why you can require access to the camera. If the user can upload some type of image, for example a profile photo, you must put a notice.

The notice must be included in the iOS settings.

Ok. Thank you so much for this. I’ll do that then. I really appreciate this help.

Hey Bro.

Now, Apple just rejected my app again this time cuz of App Tracking Transparency framework or some shit. I’m more than pissed that Adalo doesn’t provide any type of support on this. I sent a ticket for the camera permission thing several days ago and have yet to hear back from Adalo and I’m a paid annual customer. Why don’t they have any kind of guidance on this. Do you know how to fix this?

Here’s their message to me:

Guideline 5.1.2 - Legal - Privacy - Data Use and Sharing

The app privacy information you provided in App Store Connect indicates you collect data in order to track the user, including Device ID and User ID. However, you do not use App Tracking Transparency to request the user’s permission before tracking their activity.

Starting with iOS 14.5, apps on the App Store need to receive the user’s permission through the AppTrackingTransparency framework before collecting data used to track them. This requirement protects the privacy of App Store users.

Next Steps

Here are two ways to resolve this issue:

"- If you do not currently track, or decide to stop tracking, update your app privacy information in App Store Connect. You must have the Account Holder or Admin role to update app privacy information.

• If you track users, you must implement App Tracking Transparency and request permission before collecting data used to track. When you resubmit, indicate in the Review Notes where the permission request is located.

Resources

Hi there,
This happened to me once and it has nothing to do with Adalo, it’s about how you have configured the app in AppConnect. Make sure that you have not indicated anywhere that you are tracking the user, that you do not use their data for anything, etc, etc.

Thanks! I followed the instruction that Victor posted. There is an Adalo guide and it walks you through the whole thing.

1 Like

@breadflix.es Thanks so much for all your help. Great news! My app BodiGuard has been approved for App Store. Woohoo!!!

@Victor Thanks for all your help too.

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.