How to update app when on stores

Hi everyone,

I still have a lot to do on my app but I was thinking a bit in the future and came up with a few questions.
When the app would be published on the stores, how would it work to update/patch/modify it ?

I’ve come across this topic and @Ashley answered what I thought : you need to build the new version and put it to the store but I’d like to go more in depth.

First : is there at the moment a way to change the content users see without make another build? From what I understand of Google Admob, it displays ads. I would not like to use Google Admob but display content the way they do (banners) and be able to change it regularly.

Edit: I’m thinking of putting an image >from url stored for example in a drive. However, the image could be changed and the URL shall be the same which I presume is difficult.
I also tried to choose the source of image from database, I created a collection with an image property, manually uploaded an image but I won’t appear.

Then, will the new build/submit version, would the users have to pay again if the app is not free? I would not prefer.

Finally, could it be made compulsory for users to download the new version? For example if there is a major bug and/or if I want them to access only the updated resources of the app or even reset the data on a regular basis ?
I understand from this topic that if the change made is pure data collection changes, it won’t need a re-build but UI would. @anon78309838 would you mind confirming if that is still the case?

Moreover, is there resources or things to know for the after-publish step ?

Thank you for your inputs,

Hi @Sual,

I understand from this topic that if the change made is pure data collection changes, it won’t need a re-build but UI would. @Colin would you mind confirming if that is still the case?

Yes, this is still the case.

To achieve what you want you would need to have those properties within a collection. Then you would need to build that component in your app as a list. Then after the new build, you would be able to change those images at any time within the database and those changes would be reflected in the app immediately without the need to make any update.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.