How to upload an image (or document) to an external collection (on Xano)

Hi there,

how can you use the output of a file picker to upload the document to an external collection? More specifically, how do you even access the contents/output of a file picker?

Thank you and best regards,

Joerg

You use the URL of the file.

If you want to download the actual file and do something with it after, I think this can be done via Integromat and then you can host the file elsewhere

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, I also use Xano for the user authentication. So I only have the Auth Code and User Id available for the user.

My question was more regarding the file/image picker. How can I access the file/image which was picked?

Together with a few text inputs the image picker is on the page. I get the contents in the text inputs to upload but I haven’t discovered a way to get to the file/image in the picker.

Any suggestion how to access and use it?

Thank you and best regards

1 Like

I too would like to know. I’m trying to access the contents of a file from file picker without uploading it to the adalo database as it contains sensitive information.

@samdelong File picker always goes to Adalo database as far as I know. You could use www.adalify.com file uploader - that can upload to your own Amazon​ S3 account where you can completely customise your security settings. The file gets passed directly from front end to S3 and Adalify does not store your files.