5 hours of saved work is gone due to a bug

Hey!
I was working on my app, everything was fine, everything was saved, but then…
I tried moving some screens, selecting them and well, it said an error occurred. Now some screens are completely empty, because the components in the screens were moved, but the screen itself didn’t move. I lost everything now.

please please please say I can get back to a former state of the app, I don’t remember the exact texts I wrote, I had a few YT vids, I had so much!

I already tried command Z, which doesn’t work.

Hello Dylan…

I did this the other day… and like you could not believe what happened… I did it when I tried a Block of 5 screens… (in other words… mouse round a bunch of screen to highlight them and in my case copy them for a desktop) … and they vanished…

But after messing around and zooming out as far as I could… until all screens were only just visible… did a mouse round… I used mouse pointer… to do square blocks on the “Blank” areas of the normally background behind the screens … and they were there … completely invisible… by eye… but they were all there… dragged them back one at a time and all now is well…

I won’t try and move any more than one screen at a time in future…

I also tried Ctrl + Z and did not work…
And also another good reason for doing a regular copy app backup… I always do…

Lyn…

1 Like

I had the same thing happen to me every half hour or so.

Hello yellowstripe…

Welcome to the Forum Community…

Adalo is a very complex software and can get some weird happenings while working on it… some may never repeat themselves and therefore there is no answer to why or how to sort it… I myself a Microsoft systems software designer for over 25 years … can vouch for these unexplained happenings…

So until you get it sorted… I can’t stress enough to make sure you make a copy of the app you are involved in… and make regular backups at least 2 times in a 5 hour period… or when making something you definitely don’t want to re-do again…

Lyn…

Thanks, I will do that. I think Adalo really has to come with version Control something like Github, because bugs are going to happen always. Would be nice if I could just revert to an older version of the app

1 Like

@DylanS what is the name of this app so I can take a look.

1 Like

Hey!
It doesn’t really matter anymore now.
Since I thought there would be no way to get it back I decided to make a V2 with some better design choices from the beginning as soon as I could. Happily I am now already way further with V2 then I was with this one.

Thanks for your response tho!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.