Adalo extremly slow , Chat is literally unusable, lots of complains from my users

Adalo is extremly slow my app tradepick4u has chat enabled , Chat is literally unusable and terribly slow, lots of complains from my users. and even myself i cant use the chat inside my app at all as its super slow. even the app as such is slow . can you pelase check

My app name is TRADEPICK4U available on both IOS and ANDROID .the only way the chat is even usable is if i delete the chats immediately from the database .

7 Likes

Can Adalo or anyoneplease comment on my issue, Is anyone using Chat and extremely slow and unusable.

All adalo apps have a bit of lag. This is just something we have to deal with until Adalo team upgrades/enhances this lag.

Unfortunately, it is a common issue for everyone

1 Like

We are aware of some performance issues on Adalo and it is our top priority to fix these issues and improve performance this quarter.

6 Likes

Would love to know if you’re on the free or paid plan?

I’m on a paid plan. All kinds of weird stuff is breaking today. When I fix one thing, something else breaks. @anon78309838, are the engineers making changes to the live version? It’d be easier for us app developers to have some stability if we could opt into updates.

Although I understand your concern, having that as an option would only further complicate matters as we would then have to identify and support each version that a user could be on for each app.

It’s a hard thing to figure out, I understand. Some companies do it where they only support the most recent versions, especially if it’s a download. That would load your servers less too, but I’m guessing that would involve some substantial software work to re-adjust to Windows 10 vs. browser software. You guys know way more about that back-end stuff than I do.

The version of Adalo that was running last Friday could’ve probably taken this app to the finish line, but the errors now are much less defined than they were before. The issues change seemingly at random, so if there’s any way to rewind just to get back to having updates and links working properly, I’d see that as a good place to be for a while until the longer-term plans for new features or structural changes can get worked out.

My goal this month is to release something that works stably for a local farm so I can let them get a feel for it while I work on more advanced features later.

@anon78309838 just curious, does this impact an app using external APIs or only if you use internal data store? At what level of the stack is this issue? Thanks.

1 Like

That would completely depend on where the problem is and what we updated :slight_smile:

To add on to this, do you know where the speed issues come from? i.e. if I want my speed to be as optimal as possible should I use an external api, avoid certain functions, etc? Is there any info you could give as far as where the performance issues are most prevalent?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.