Airtable time and date fields

Hey guys,

Quick one for you. I have a time field in airtable that Im looking to pull in. The times will range from ~30.00 (30 seconds) to ~2:30.00 (2 minutes and 30 seconds) for each record coming in. Logically works fine up until 60 seconds, but after that, things are still being displayed in seconds. Wondering if anyone has had any luck either pulling in the formatting or adjusting in adalo. I will also need to display the hundreds of seconds as well.

Thanks!

Jonathan

The data comes from Airtable as number of seconds. You can add some magic text with a custom formula do so some math on that property to display a number of minutes.

Thanks! makes sense. I think the problem comes in with the tenths of a second since the division would have to be divisible by 100 rather than the 60. I’ll keep messing around with the formulas to see if i can make it work. Appreciate the response Ben.

@jromeo80 If you can change the airtable table, you can add a formula column using airtable formula to create the desired format. See: Formula Field Reference - Overview | Airtable Support Date & Time functions

Thanks so much. Trying to give that a shot without much luck. Maybe because Im just trying to deal with times and dont have dates in there? Seems like the Dateformat formula is dead on what I am trying to do. Gonna mess around with it some more tonight.

Disregard! Figured it out in Airtable looking at some other example approaches users had used there. worked perfectly. Thanks for the guidance.

If you share the solution you discovered, it may help more people in the future :slight_smile:

Hey Colin. Good one.

So the formula I landed on is this:

IF(
{Time},
INT(
MOD(
{Time}/60,
)
)&
‘:’&
IF(
MOD(
{Time},
)<10,
‘0’
)&
(ROUND(MOD(
{Time},
60),2,0))
)

Gets me a conversion from seconds to mm:ss:SS

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.