API - custom action

Hi everyone, in those days I have been trying multiple times (even asking for help) to use my flask API in Adalo.

When I create a custom action, I insert al the parameters that are required but in the end, after the test is successful, when I run my app the custom action doesn’t work. I can’t figure out why. Plus the others API endpoints work fine in the custom actions.

Hey there @matty9595

Its unclear what the problem is with such little info. Provide screenshots of the action, the parameters, and what you’re trying to accomplish because theres no way for us to know what’s going on.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer @Flawless . I’ll try to be more clear.

• I have a custom action that functions with an external API.
  • I run a test and everything works fine.
  • When I use the custom action in my app it doesn’t work.
  • The hidden input is a string and not dependent on any kind of input atm

thanks in advance,
kindly matty

There is a space between the quotation mark and the magic text for url_file.

Something this small could be the problem.

I’ll correct the typo, thanks. But If this is the problem, why does it work when I send the test before creating the custom action?

That didn’t fix it :disappointed_relieved:

I can’t see all the parameters and values. Unfortunately, I can’t tell what the problem is.

If you don’t want everyone to see the values, feel free to message me directly with a screenshot of the real parameters and values not blocked out.

Sorry for interfering here!

I guess the problem is that you have attached the Custom action to a form. There’s a limitation that Custom actions are not working in Form Submit button actions. You need a Custom form. See here

1 Like

Thanks! I didn’t know that i can send you a pvt message.

Oh… that’s bad. Thanks for the information. I’ll look at the link you suggested me.

Many thanks to both of you guys. I solved the problem using the widget “upload file” instead of the form and it worked! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.