Apple Rejected My App Again for App Tracking Transparency Framework

Hi All. Has anyone else faced the same problem I’m facing about App Trackingt Transparency Framework or what not? Why doesn’t Adalo have any support documentation on this process? And why aren’t any of their “Community Managers” answering our questions? @anon78309838 you still work Adalo? Any ideas on how to solve this? I checked in the App Setting inside iOS setting inside Adalo’s Editor prior to submitting a build to TestFlight buyt there aren’t any settings there.

@Victor Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

Here’s their message to me:

Guideline 5.1.2 - Legal - Privacy - Data Use and Sharing

The app privacy information you provided in App Store Connect indicates you collect data in order to track the user, including Device ID and User ID. However, you do not use App Tracking Transparency to request the user’s permission before tracking their activity.

Starting with iOS 14.5, apps on the App Store need to receive the user’s permission through the AppTrackingTransparency framework before collecting data used to track them. This requirement protects the privacy of App Store users.

Next Steps

Here are two ways to resolve this issue:

"- If you do not currently track, or decide to stop tracking, update your app privacy information in App Store Connect. You must have the Account Holder or Admin role to update app privacy information.

• If you track users, you must implement App Tracking Transparency and request permission before collecting data used to track. When you resubmit, indicate in the Review Notes where the permission request is located.

Resources

Dear @LaoEntrepreneur,

Quick search on the forum with the keywords “app tracking transparency” reveals at least one topic which might be useful for you:

And there is a documentation from Adalo about this:

If you do a bit more search, you may find another topics on the forum which might be useful. And of course you can always submit a support ticket to Adalo about it. As a note: I have no idea if recommendations will be helpful in your particular case, I’m showing you the resources where you could start from.

And just in case, those “Community Managers” you’re mentioning are spending their personal free time, along with other forum members, to help other makers with the questions about Adalo and share their knowledge. This is neither their obligation nor a job responsibility, but rather an intent to help others (which is a part of human nature).
And for me it looks really strange when I see someone blaming Community Managers not answering a question within 1 hour.

Victor.

Thanks, Victor. I was under the impression that Community Managers were Adalo staff. It’s not unreasonable to expect access to support when I’m a paying customer. But thanks for your input. I used to see Adalo staff answering questions, but lately, I don’t see anyone responding at all.

Hey @LaoEntrepreneur,

you can do this when submitting a new binary to apple from adalo.

You will need to provide a detailed explanation of what you will be doing with the user’s data.

Hi @jeremytristan.

Thanks so much for all your help. Great news! My app BodiGuard has been approved for App Store. Woohoo!!!

1 Like

Dude, that’s awesome!

My app also just got approved yesterday. All the best for launch!

Congrats, man! Your app has come a long way. It looks really cool now. I love all the features. I might even use it cuz I need ideas on how to dress well. Good luck with your launch as well!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.