Automated Onboarding with Adalo <-> MailerLite

Hey Adalorians,

I’d like to share my first mini tutorial for your guys. So, while building my app I have been thinking a lot about the onboarding process and how to engage people. For your background: it is an app for host families welcoming students from all over the world.

Of course there is a lot of things the host families need to know before they can host their first student and I didnt want to put all that information into the app. So here is the solution:

External Onboardning using www.MailerLite.com (cheaper GDPR compliant alternative to MailChimp).

To do so you will need to have an Account with MailerLite and your API Key ready. Also you will have to create a subscriber group in the Mailer Lite settings first.

Step 1:

Step 2

• Head over to Adalo and create a custom function
  • Set the name, create and then on the second screen it should look like this:

Step 3

You will need two headers:

• Content-Type : application/json
  • X-MailerLite-ApiKey : YOUR API KEY (note, that you dont use the authorization / token bearer combo)

Step 4
Define the JSON according to this nifty guide here:
https://developers.mailerlite.com/reference#add-single-subscriber

Step 5
Head back to MailerLite and setup an Automatization. Upon joining the a goup, you can run a whole array of automatization processes. But that’d be another tutorial.

Have Fun!

4 Likes

This brings on a whole world of opportunity! Thanks for sharing @AXIOM!

Yeah, I’ve been testing this during the weekend and the conditional logic in MailerLite is pretty good for very specific Marketing needs.

For example: Newsletter Opt-In, Follow-up on unready messages, automated surveys after a certain amount of time.

As you said, @anon78309838: a whole world of oportunities.

@AXIOM thank you SO much!!

It took a bit of trial and error to put the json format together but it works so well.

I’ve switched over to MailerLite for other services because it’s a lot easier to use and cheaper for a startup.

Thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad I could help :slight_smile: