I’d like to share my first mini tutorial for your guys. So, while building my app I have been thinking a lot about the onboarding process and how to engage people. For your background: it is an app for host families welcoming students from all over the world.
Of course there is a lot of things the host families need to know before they can host their first student and I didnt want to put all that information into the app. So here is the solution:
External Onboardning using www.MailerLite.com (cheaper GDPR compliant alternative to MailChimp).
To do so you will need to have an Account with MailerLite and your API Key ready. Also you will have to create a subscriber group in the Mailer Lite settings first.
- Create a group in MailerLite. Go to Subscribers > Groups > Add Group
- Then go to https://app.mailerlite.com/integrations/api/ and copy the group ID (you will need that later).
- Head over to Adalo and create a custom function
- Set the name, create and then on the second screen it should look like this:
- Use https://api.mailerlite.com/api/v2/groups/YOUR GROUP ID/subscribers as the base URL for adding subscribers to a group. You will want this, because you want group specific actions to be triggered.
*Select POST as Method
You will need two headers:
- Content-Type : application/json
- X-MailerLite-ApiKey : YOUR API KEY (note, that you dont use the authorization / token bearer combo)
Define the JSON according to this nifty guide here:
Head back to MailerLite and setup an Automatization. Upon joining the a goup, you can run a whole array of automatization processes. But that’d be another tutorial.