Best practices for Adalo app editor layout

As the number of screens in my app increases, I’m starting to look for better ways to organize those screens in the app editor, and better ways to cluster related screens.

Right now, my “screen path” flows from left to right, and I create upper and lower branches when the flow forks. For example, on one screen the user can choose to either sign in or sign up. this is a fork, so one option leads to a series of screens on the upper branch, and the other option leads to a series of screens on the lower branch.

And some screens form natural clusters, like all the screens involved in the chat function.

This can all get complicated pretty quick, as forks can lead to options that either lead to other forks or rejoin the main flow.

None of this is a problem, but I’m curious if anyone has suggestions to better manage the overall flowchart.

Hi Michael @MikesClub,

General answer will be “it depends”.
I usually group the screens of the same app sections together, where the main flow goes from left to right, and the “forks”'s screens are above and below. I usually architect UX in a way that there are no frequent “jumps” from one section to another (so that user understands in which section he/she is), so there are not a lot of cases of flow “jumping” from one section toanother.

Also, I prefer to use naming convention based on “Section Subsection Detail” principle. E.g for some chat function I will have screens “Chats All”, “Chat Messages”, “Chat Message Details”; for profile section it will be “Profile General”, “Profile Details View”, “Profile Details Edit”, etc. etc.
As Adalo lists the screens sorted alphabetically, with such approach I can be sure that I quickly find all the screens related to some sections in one place.

Best,
Victor.

1 Like

That’s actually really helpful. Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.