Build Real-Time Chat, for real

I have already used it and it works great! Can I also create group chats?

Of course. In the video I added 2 UserConversations but you can add as many as you want, when configuring messages you can always use magic text (username):(message) to see who the sender is. Also, for conversations, you can make an edit button to rename the conversation to whatever you want, like a WhatsApp chat and create an add/remove user modal.

The link is broken…

Sorry, I made the repo private. It is now a public repo so it should work.

2 Likes

Thanks for your quick reply. I have understood it now. I did the whole thing a bit differently because loading users via dropdown takes a long time. But I am confident that now I have an idea how to do it.

Hi, do you know how I can pin the input field at the bottom? I already tried by making a group and pinning this group at the bottom, but that didn’t work.

I do not know if Adalo has a way for marketplace/private components to do that. I tested it out using the map component and it seems that we cannot fix the position or make it fill the screen. I will start and investigation to see how we can do this, I am sure I can come up with a trick that would allow this. I have added the request here: Full screen (or at least fixed position) at bottom · Issue #6 · pragmaflowinc/adalo-realtime-chat · GitHub

1 Like

Steven thanks a lot for this component! You are the Legend!

Jakob Adjust the component to down and see. Like this.

This issue is happening for Maps and Web views too.

2 Likes

:confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball: :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

Steven I like to ask is it possible to create a component for Dark Mode feature? Then we don’t need to Duplicate screens :sweat_smile:

Thank you, for the tip, now it works👍🏻

2 Likes

I built that a while back, one of my first I think. HOWEVER, this is outside of what I allowed to publish. I think my translator component pushed the limits so until Adalo starts adding more features to their permissible API things like dark mode will stay on my machine.

1 Like

Thank you for the effort. Until the issue ist solved, I use dilon’s method

2 Likes

Oh man i’d love to see what else do you have on your machine that aren’t published :joy:

4 Likes

Me too :raised_hand: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:frowning_face:

Well, here are some of them, but there are lots. I do have a company to run so I only get about an hour or so a day to build test and deploy components so it takes a long time to get it onto our marketplace, then there are the Adalo rules/Terms and Conditions/limitations I need to contend with.

A version control system (not a component) for Adalo projects to save, restore, and compare versions
The WYSIWYG editor/reader, this will eventually make it onto the marketplace when I get back around to id
Accelerometers, Gyroscope, Compass, etc… component
Mapbox component instead of google maps
A way to get the record id of a field, mainly for external api callbacks
Geocoding components for converting lat/long to address and reverse, and some other tricks
A component to draw pictures
A component to do simple photo editing like crop and scale stuff.

4 Likes

That’s amazing, good luck

1 Like

Looks good anyway and keep up this ! Really a game changer for majority of Adalo Makers.

I made a simple preview to show how well the chat component works (in terms of speed)

3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for doing this!

The PragmaFlow marketplace turns 2 months old on Friday (minus being shut down for 2 weeks in between). The community response to our body of work has been overwhelmingly positive, so a big thanks to the entire community and lets see how we can make the future even brighter!

6 Likes