Calculating Number of working days excluding sat and sun

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to exclude saturdays and sundays when calculating the number of days between two dates?

Mmm, I didn’t apply the same as you in a similar proces of mine, but I used a technique to filter out some dates. I use weekdays field from 1 to 7 and then just count or sum if weekdays are between 1 to 5, thus excluding Saturday and Sunday.

Interesting. I’m not using fields for days though. I have a start date and an end date and I’m wondering if its possible to calculate the number of days in-between while excluding saturdays and sundays.

This is my case: I’m recording an amount invested on a given date, which accrues 1.5% interest every working day till the investor decides to withdraw.

I already designed the database to hold a start date and the date the investor requests withdrawal.

I just don’t know how to extract the Sats and Suns from the calculation of the duration at the withdrawal date.

There are some interesting math formula’s here that might give you some ideas on how to do this: How to count the number of days, workdays, weekends between two dates in Excel?

Thanks @anon78309838.

However, I’m trying a particular approach: I have a table collecting the dates of saturdays and sundays (I call the table “Weekend Dates”). Now, if I have the start date and end date I can calculate the number of days between. Then I query the “Weekend Dates” table for the COUNT of records where the dates fall after the start date and before the end date. I can subtract this COUNT figure from the total number of days to get the number of week days.

What do you think? I’m about to implement and test this.

That sounds as though it should work. Let me know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.