hope you can help me with this one. We couldn’t find any solution in the help docs, forum or through trial & error.
We are trying to create multiple new records in an Adalo collection from a custom action response. Workflow as follows:
- User specifies the parameters for a new recurring event shown in screenshot 1 (e. g. your daily lunchbreak this week)
- A custom action is handing these parameters over to the backend
- As a response we receive the data for all single events of this recurring event shown in screenshot 2
- until here it works like a charm
- now we want to create multiple new records in an Adalo collection (“Appointments”) from this response. See Screenshot 3.
We filled in the magic text hoping that Adalo would automatically create a new record for each dataset received in the response. However, everything that is created is a single record showing empty values for all magic text received from the response. See Screenshot 4:
Any ideas what we’re doing wrong/what we could do to make it work?
A possible workaround would be to manage everything in an external database. However, for maintainability reasons we want to leave the appointment collection in Adalo (Adalo is so user-friendly it’s almost embarrassing).