Custom Posts(Images) List

Hey everyone, I am currently designing a social app which allows you to post images. On a user’s profile their photos will be displayed in different shapes (Ex: Portrait, Landscape, and Square etc…). Does anyone know how to make a custom list like this? Thank you!

Screenshot 2021-06-28 164101

Screenshot shows how I want it to be setup. Sorting will be Newest to Oldest Created date.

Hi Jordan, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

To achieve this you must use a custom list, add the images in the list similar to this…

and then in the list options you must select ‘masonry layout’ and this will give you what you are looking for.

This quick video also shows you what you need to know Masonry Layout in Adalo | Masonry layout for multi-column custom lists is here! 🎉If you’re not sure what that means, now your custom lists will display based on the space the... | By Adalo | Facebook

Good luck

1 Like

Thanks man, but that option was already selected. The issue is in the following screenshot:

Screenshot 2021-06-28 181052

I even changed the layout like in your example. I don’t want duplicate uploads of the same post. Anyway around this? I feel likes it’s something to do with the images inside the list.

I’ve even tried taking the magic out of the images and just adding plain images to the list, still nothing…hmmm

Unfortunately you cannot have different sized images in a list. The masonry layout only works if you have text underneath the image and this gives the list the different sizes.

If you want to have images the same size but different images in one list, you just have to add a collection of images, then add the image list and link it to the image collection.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Cheers
Craig

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.