Data Validation using click actions buttom to redirect user screen

Hello, I have been with troubles making soft things… in my case, I am trying to determinate age of my users with “Data” function form and show screen depending answer (like my picture).

If a user is less than 18+, show a Modal Screen according with data. And if they are more than 18+ years old… keep sign in.

I did two “click action” to make fuction with screens links, but when I try function in “preview”… it doesn’t work when user is more younger (or less than 18+).

Hi @Modusgot,

As far as I know, conditional actions do not always work correctly right after user signup or login.
So what you could do is to add a link to a new “blank” screen, and then have 2 actions there (on-screen-enter):

• one is conditional to your pop-up data validation
  • other one is a link to next screen in the app.
    You’ll need to experiment with transitions and this “interim” screen background transparency to make it look nice.

Just for the reference - I don’t have the exact video-answer to your question, but you can see the similar logic here: Adalo tutorials: admin and user access to different screens. UPDATE in the description - YouTube

Best regards, Victor.

Dear @Victor , Thank you for your approach! I am trying your solution and will be applying similar flow to my app.

I will notice if I can solve problem with Apple guidelines.

1 Like

Hi @Modusgot,

Just a note - information in my reply is not related to Apple’s guidelines; it is an answer to your trouble with conditional action depending on user’s birthday :slight_smile:

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like