Designer vs previewer vs real device

I’ve been looking around for similar posts for a few, but I didn’t find anything really answering my doubts - (the only similar question I found: Previewer not the same on mobile devices - #2 by Ali-Bazzi has no answers). So here’s the topic.

On the Responsive Designer, the default “Mobile View” screen size proposed is 390x982… pixels I guess? But then I have 4 different results displaying an app screen, which leads to troubles, especially once the app is published:

Designer

The image here looks well placed and uniformly distributed in the screen area - settings for the image is “Crop to fill space”.

When I run the Previewer, here is what I get:

There’s a grey space at the top and the image looks cut by a huge portion

And finally on a real device (Samsung M12, with 760x1200 screen resolution):

where at the top there are still a few grey pixel rows and still at the botton a large part of the image is missing…

Can anyone help me understand how to correctly interpret/use the Designer resolution to have in the Previewer and the real device the expected results?
How can I relate the designer’s 390x982 size to the phone’s resolution? I haven’t found any documentation on that.

Any help is appreciated.

Enrico

Hello, thank you for providing images of the issue that you’re experiencing. Concerning the bottom, in all the android devices there’s a space at the bottom for the buttons. Concerning the top, you can solve this issue by just increasing the scale of the image to top so it should be outside the screen limits.

Thank you!

@Ali-Bazzi
Surely I can stretch the image outside the screen limits to be sure it covers all, but… is it a solution?

Concerning the “bottom”, in my post, I was showing the fact that the image showing properly in the designer, it is heavily cut in the preview and real device (all the part with the rocks, if you look at the previous post).

Main question remains: how can I relate the designer’s 390x982 size to the phone’s resolution? I haven’t found any documentation on that. Is there a ratio? Otherwise, it looks like something simply unpredictable.

Thanks in advance
Enrico

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.