Displaying image list from a xano external collection

Hi,
I’m struggling with something that should be quite easy. I want to display an image list on my app of images stored in a xano database. I have created an API in xano that gets all the fields from the table I need and I’ve filtered it to just return the URLs of the images as I believe that is what adalo requires to display an image.

I’ve also followed the advice on the adalo documentation about creating a single image and turning that into a list, rather than using the image list component.

Nothing seems to work. So I’d really appreciate some help.

Thanks

How does the Xano collection look in Adalo?

This is how an Adalo image stored as an object in Xano will display.

I know you are storing the image in Xano, so does yours look like this back in Adalo?
Task_evidence> url

Could be to do with how Adalo read the external collection when it was first setup. If there were no URL present it doesn’t know there is an object in the field.

What kind of field is task_evidence? You could have your function stack return a flat field of *task_evidence_url: “https://etc…” Or let’s focus on it being read into Adalo properly.

Whenever setting up an external collection or refreshing one, make sure that all the fields have some dummy data in so that Adalo sets all the field types correctly.

Thanks for your reply

I think I’ve got it set up right - see above
task_evidence is an image field in my xano database
At the moment the first two returns are null values (so wondered if that was affecting things somehow), but I am getting two proper responses back when I test the API

Yep as you say, it seems correct. But I think you are missing an ID field. You’ll need an integer ID field for it to work. Normally at the top, maybe yours is out of view,

I’m passing the ID in the API settings and the test returns correctly. Do you think I should do it differently?

I mean in your Xano response. You need an ID in your Get_Photo_evidence endpoint result.
Each record needs an ID.

OK. Just added the id in the response. Still not working. Thanks so much for all your help so far!

I think I’d need to see it to take it further. :+1:

1 Like

No worries. Thanks for all your suggestions

Np. Check your DM

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.