Driving instructor app help

Hello,

I am getting myself all confused on how to plan out the collections for my app.

I’m building an app for both driving instructors and student can use.

For the instructors I want it to be able to create student accounts, keep a profile for the student and their progress through the driving curriculum. It also need to allow the instructor to book lessons for students and keep a log of payments received.

For the students I would like it to show their current progress on the curriculum topics, payments paid and hours remaining, and allow them to book lessons too.

I have set it up so their is one load screen which depending if you’re a instructor or student will push you to the correct home page.

What I’m having trouble doing is working our the best practise for setting up collections and data.

Any help would be great.

Thank you

I suggest that you watch these videos. If you need any help please let me know! If you watch them all the way through you should be able to achieve what you are talking about.

Hi @James_App_Maker ,

Thank you for the vids.

I actually used the multi sided app vid for the front of the app which works great. The issue is you have to make both instructors and students users which I understand why but then how do I make it so an instructor user is connected to multiple student users and their info?

First you create a many to many relationship.

Create a Student Collection and Create a Instuctor’s Collection.

Once you created both collections, when the Student Sign’s up, on the submit button click add then create a student in the student’s collection with the following fields:

• Student’s Name
  • Student’s Info
  • Create a Lesson’s collection and link a relationship to THIS student collection with the many to many relationship (second option once you click on add relationship)

When the Instructor Sign’s up, on the submit button click add then create an insturctor in the instructor’s collection with the following fields:

• Instructor Name
  • Level of Experience (Optional)

If you need any more help please let me know!

Thanks for the info.

Can the instructors section be the generic ‘Users’ collection or should I create an individual collection for instructors and another for students?

If you want instructors to have students then it has to be in a different collection.

Again, thank you so much for the help

@James_App_Maker sorry to bother you again.

Just want to clarify a few things. I understand I need to create an instructor collection and a student collection. Should I then create a many-many relationship between the both collections or just a ‘single instructor to many students’ relationship?

Also i understand that both instructors and students will have their own user details too in the ‘user’ collection?

Cheers

You create a many to many relationship because instructors could have many students, but a student could only have one instructor.

@James_App_Maker I just want to confirm which option you mean by many to many, top .middle or bottom?

That option that you are hovering over is correct.