Filter posts from blocked users

I’m trying to make it so that when users block other users they can no longer see the posts created by the users they blocked.

I’ve read every post on here about it, but I’m still stuck. Help please.

Hi @kelton,

Welcome to the community :partying_face:

This video may help you! : Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

If you still stuck add a screen recording about the setup in editor and preview!

Thank you

1 Like

I’ve seen the video but it moves to fast for me and there’s no audio.

Any way you can demonstrate with screenshots? Step by step?

I’m sorry! I will make the video again and post it here!

OK let’s begin!

1. You should have two collections! One for posts and one for Users.

1. In the Posts collection you should have a One to Many relationship between the Users collection and the Posts collection.

Once you create that the opposite relationship will create on the Users collection.

1. Then you need two Many to Many relationship properties in the Users collection between the Users collection and the Users collection ( Users and Users ).

( Two from this and name it! )

1. Add a list to a screen ( I have added a custom list because we can show a icon based on a condition ) and connect that list to the Users collection!

And add a custom filter that Email > is not equal to > Logged in user’s email to not show the currently logged in user ( you ) record.

1. And then you can add the Current User > Name from magic text in the text component!

1. Then add two icons!
  • First icon actions :- This icon is adding current user in the I Blocked Users relationship for Logged in user and logged in user in the Users that blocked me relationship for Current user!

• First icon visibility condition :- This is the icon that blocking users. You can add a visibility condition to this icon that Logged in user’s > I Blocked Users > Does not contain > Current User.

• Second icon actions :- This icon is removing current user in the I Blocked Users relationship for Logged in user and logged in user in the Users that blocked me relationship for Current user!

• Second icon visibility condition :- This is the icon that unblocking users. You can add a visibility condition to this icon that Logged in user’s > I Blocked Users > Contains > Current User.

And you can group these two icons and put a rectangle behind not to move.

1. Lastly, filter the posts collection! Add a custom filter that Current Post > Creator’s ( One to Many relationship created between the Users collection and the Posts collection! 2nd step ) > Users that blocked me ( Many to Many relationship created between the Users collection and the Users collection! 3rd step ) > All > Does not contain > Logged in user.

1. If you haven’t add the Creator One to Many relationship property in the Post create form and fill it with the Logged in user value then add it!

2 Likes

You’re awesome, bro! This is super detailed and informative! It’s night time now where I live but I will try this tomorrow morning and let you know if I was able to do it! Thank you very much! :grin:

1 Like

Hey, Dilon. I wasn’t able to do it. Is there any way you could teach me how to clone my app so you can help me that way? I have a collection called USER REVIEWS and I want to excluded blocked users from appearing in those user reviews.

Hi @kelton ,

I have implemented this feature in my group chat template along with other features, but it is a paid template.

Those who are blocked does not know if they are being blocked.

Would you care to help, please?
Screenshot 2022-06-12 183259

I have the all user reviews collection and the user collection. I need to filter blocked users so you don’t see them in the all user reviews section

While I was implementing that feature, it takes lots of experiments and cannot be shown just 1 screenshot, the app should be accessed from within through adding team.

I have a full package along with integration support, if you are interested.

Yes, I’m interested. How exactly did you do it? Can you explain the process a little bit, please.

I will send you DM.

Sorry for the late reply! I’m on a different timezone :slightly_smiling_face:

Instead of cloning you can give me the app access and I’ll make this and I will send you a video of what I did! I have sent a DM! But after sending the DM I saw that Yongki already offers a support package and sent you a DM :sweat_smile: If Yongki already helps you let me know!

Thank you

1 Like

No problem. I will keep trying and let you know if I need any more help. Thank you very much for all your help. God bless you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.