Google Maps Matrix API

Hi Everyone!

I’ve gotten a lot of requests on how to use the Google Maps Matrix API, so here it is! It’s very simple. Basically, just call the URL below and voila!

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/distancematrix/xml?origins= %%%Starting Address%%%&destinations= %%%delivery addresss%%%&key=YOUR_API_KEY

Remove %%% and add your dynamic fields.

8 Likes

Hi @Erik wonderful video! Is there a way to accomplish this using the free plan? Any way at all? I’m really trying to do an Uber style thing using the free plan to start.

Hi, I don’t think so. You need the paid plan for the custom actions. There are coupons out there to get a paid plan for a set period of time.

Taking a different approach, could you use “Web View” if you wanted to display the location of two users who are matched/paired together using an algorithm in the web app? Further, could you then get the distance between those two matched users using that same component?

Using the google maps URL you could probably do that.

1 Like

Thanks, Erik! Also, do you know if these web apps can be downloaded on a desktop computer or a mobile device (like iOS, iPad, android devices) or if a user could only “download” a bookmark to get a shortcut to the web app? Thanks again!

You can’t download it to a computer, it’s the same as any website. You could bookmark it.