How to clear Text input from another page?

Thanks @bhanu. Just a warning, though, that this works with the “create” action but bugs out with the “update” action. (I’ve described the bug here and have submitted a ticket: Bug when Using "Clear Input Values" as a Workaround to Clear Cached Fields when Updating )

Does anyone know of any other workarounds? A record’s empty field being populated with the previously-updated record’s information in a screen is kind of a huge problem for any app that has user-available forms and blank fields in some records (contact cards, to-do lists, inventory management…) A user can be updating a client’s phone number in their contact card and end up adding the previously-updated client’s address because the address field for the currently-viewed client’s record was empty and they didn’t notice! Yowza!

The only (very janky) workaround I’ve found so far is to add a blank space after the magic text that populates each text input field on the screen meant to update the record. That way, if there’s no data in that field for that record, there will be a blank space in the text input instead of the data from the last record. Of course, this adds blank spaces to the end of each text field every time a record is updated and the field isn’t changed, but at least it’s not adding Customer A’s phone number to Customer B’s contact card. (With number fields, I’ve used “+0” instead of a blank space, which has problems of its own.)

Are there better workarounds anyone knows of? Does anyone know if this caching bug is likely to be fixed? (I’m too new here to know what the turnaround is on fixing problems of this level of importance.)