How to create a conditional visibility of the button for an unregistered user?

Hello everybody! Please tell me how to create a conditional visibility of the button for an unregistered user?

So what I want to do… There is a button that an unregistered user has to click, after which he gets to the database of everyone who clicked this button before and it disappears, and the text appears that the user has already clicked this button. registered users - already working, unregistered - I can not configure ;-(

Hi @Yurii

Welcome.

You can try to create this unregistered user as user too, but hide their name and make a random email, so you make an action of signup and fill the email with RAND() function.

At home screen this will be just the same as logged in user, probably you want another boolean field to distinguish them.

Thanks for the answer! Good idea, but I need to distinguish between a registered user and an unregistered one, as I use 2 identical lists, the first for a registered user and the other for an unregistered one.
The entire list is shown to the registered user, while the unregistered user can see only part of the list.

Maybe I’m wrong and it is possible in 1 list to configure the display of part of the list for the unregistered?

Also, I thought that if I get an unregistered user, register it in a separate collection of “unregistered” and give it an ID, but I don’t fully understand how to do it and how to configure it, maybe I’m wrong and it won’t help me

Set the visibility to Sometimes Visible if Logged in user > Email > is equal to > empty. This will be the button for non-logged-in users.

Okay, I get it. But this will not solve my question - how to make the button visible to an unregistered user until he presses it and gets to the database ?
After that, the text appears that the unregistered user has already clicked the button and entered into the database, and the button disappears.

Sorry, did not immediately understand your proposal with a solution. I will definitely try, but there are doubts that the correct configuration of existing other functions. Thanks!

Merge what I said with what @Yongki said.

The button should have the visibility setting set to Sometimes Visible if Logged in user > Email > is equal to > empty. This will only display the button for users that are NOT logged in/registered. Once the user clicks this button, it creates the unregistered user as a user with the rand() function.

Your 2 lists should also have similar visibility rules. For the list for unregistered users, set the visibility to Sometimes Visible if Logged in user > Email > is equal to > empty. For the list for registered users, set the visibility to Sometimes Visible if Logged in user > Email > is not equal to > empty.

@Yongki @Flawless Thank you very much! Without your help, I would have spent an infinite amount of time. Something had to be replaced, but in general everything worked!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.