How to upload an image from google API

Hey there,

I’m using google find places API to get the photo reference of some places that will be in the app and now, I want to upload those images to my collection in Adalo. Any thoughts on how to do that?

Hi @stvsrfl,

You are getting the image from the API with a custom action as a URL and you need to store that returned image in a collection? You can create a text property on that collection and after the custom action you can add a create action that populates that text property with the custom action returned value and then you can add a image picker and select URL for image source and populate that field with the text property.

Thank you

Hey @dilon_perera!

Yes, I’m already able to display the images using those text properties with the URL. The problem is that it’s going to be very expensive on this way, because it runs a requisiton (google place photos) everytime the image is shown.

So, what I’m trying to do is to use some tool like Make/Integromat to upload the images in Dropbox and then I’ll take the image URL from Dropbox, once it has been uploaded there.

But, I couldn’t make this work in Make/Dropbox yet ;/

Hi @stvsrfl,

Did you started to create the scenario? Is it is could you share some screenshots or a video of it?

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.