It is possible to upload a collection with images, using .csv

It is possible to upload a collection with images, using .csv

I have a collection, which has an image field, but when I download the existing collection, I added it and then I import it again, it loses all images.
Is there any way I can do this without losing the images?

2 Likes

Hi @CNST,

In my opinion, I don’t think it is possible.
CSV = Comma Separated Values, it is a text file format. You can’t include pictures in such files.

If you store images not in Adalo, the workaround could be to create a CSV with URLs to your image storage, have a text property in the collection for storing them, and then work with image components on the pages by using these URLs.
But this doesn’t solve your original problem.

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like

Vote here!

2 Likes

@MM792 we need something like PHPMyAdmin for Adalo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, think about what you reported, about the URLs.
I came to the following conclusion in my initial tests.

Adalo itself when we send an image, it generates a link (url image image)

So I copied the image link, created a text field, and replaced it, and it worked.

Now, when creating an image for each one, I upload only the ones that I need, which are 56 images, take the link of the same and replicate.
oWhat will work in the end even better because I don’t need to go up image by image for each line on my list.

Thank you so much for your help and for making me “think”

Hi @CNST,

There is a potential “trap” here.

In order to get the link for an Image stored in Adalo, first you need to upload that image. Then you can get the link and use it… but if you delete this image, the link will obviously stop working. So anyway you have to upload an image to Adalo manually at least once, and keep it there.

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like

Hello, how are you?
I did just that, I created a new collection just to send the 61 images I needed, and I collected the link for each one.
It worked for now. Thank you very much for your attention helped me a lot.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.