Linking User to Group/Organization

Hi all,

I have been trying to figure out a way to link a user to a specific group/organization. Since my app will be public, I would like the ability for users to sign up, but also be able to associate with a group or organizatation. My thought was to have organizations/groups with a unique ID (OrgID) that the user would have to enter. Upon entering the OrgID it would associate them to where they can now be monitored by an admin of that organization. Maybe there is a better way to accomplish this?

In the attached pics I have a field to where the user enter the OrgID, then a button that has custom actions to associate OrgID with user. I cannot get this to work or link. Any suggestions?

Hi @hkrlogi

Follow these steps to set up your app:

1. Create a 1 to Many Relationship: Link the Users collection to the Organisation collection. This means each user can belong to one organisation.

2. Create a Screen: Design a screen and connect it to the Organisation collection. This will display a list of organisations.

3. Set Up Interaction: When a user taps on an organisation, trigger an action to update the logged-in user’s Organisation field to the selected organisation. Then, redirect the user to the next screen.

Note: Ensure that the Organisation collection is populated and searchable, so users can easily find and select an organisation by name.

Thanks
Shantanu

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Is there a way for me to have the user input a string that will match a pre-existing organization. Ideally, being a public app I don’t want everyone to see organizations.

Or are you suggesting that I collect a users organization at sign up, then I would be able to sort from there?

The app would serve individual and organizations to where if you are part of an org you can see additional data and have certain collection’s available to you.

Thanks again.

Hi,

I believe you can link the list but apply a visibility rule to it stating that if the search bar is empty, the list will not be visible. Instead, a message will be displayed prompting the user to “start typing your organization name”. As the user begins typing, the organization name options will appear, and the user can click on the desired name to proceed.

Let me know if I misunderstood.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.