Lookup data in Adalo database

Hello,
I am creating an application on Adalo.
Do you know if it is possible to do the equivalent of an Excel VLOOKUP search in an Adalo database?
I need to display a price based on a completed quote form and the price should be displayed according to 2 variables (the area [2 different possible areas] and the duration [10 different possible durations])
Thank you in advance for your help! :slight_smile:
Have a nice day
Maéva

Hi @Maeva_K,

Yes, that’s possible. It wouldn’t a vlookup. Instead, you would show a list of prices and filter the variables the user has selected.

Have the user select their variables, show a list of all items, then filter to the variables. If you set up everything correctly, only one price should show when all variables have been selected.

Hi Erik,

Thank you so much for your time.
I tried what you said and it allows me to display the right price but not to store it in the database as the price of the completed form. Is there a way to store the data ?

My form so far (image 1):

I have tried that (cf. image 2 below) but I have no way to store the data. Or at least I don’t know how to proceed :thinking: :slight_smile:

When clicking on the form button “Valider”, I would like to

1. retrieve the right price in the collection ‘Price grid’ based on the inputs (“zone de couverture” = coverage area and “durĂ©e du voyage” = travel duration) selected in the form

2. and save it in the database to be able to display it later on other screens (like the modal on image 2)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Have a lovely evening,

Maéva

Salut Maéva,

You can store the information in the user’s collection as their product preferences. That’s probably the easiest way to do it unless you want to create a search collection for the users so they can reference the information later.

Hi Erik
Thank you again for your time.
How should I proceed to do that ?

Kind regards,
Maéva

I’d add these as properties under the user collection. When the user selects what products they want to see, update the logged in user with those preferences. Then pass those preferences to the filters as magic text.

When I previewed, I have the right price displayed.
But I cannot find the data in the magic text in the “Update current form” nor “Update current user”

Do you know why ?

You can’t add the price to the current user because it’s a list, Adalo wouldn’t know which item on the list to add
 What I would do is create a custom list, add a purchase icon to the list, when they click that, update the current user with the current item price.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.