Native apps apk not working

Hi All,
Recently I’ve made a couple of native apps and trying to make a real test on my android device (I’ve configured everything accordingly) showing "There was a problem while parsing the package"
Note: I’ve allowed “install unknown source” and turn off google play protect on my device.


I’ve reported to the ADALO Support team but they didn’t give any feedback yet
Date submitted: 5/27/22
Reference number: 927927597
Issue: “There was a problem while parsing the package” When trying to install the APK

Need help URGENTLY


I’m facing the same issue. Did you find the solution or a workaround ?

I’ve also submitted the ticket. But if you faced this 10 days ago and haven’t received a response or solution, we are doomed :grimacing:

Have you tried another apk, not from Adalo? I’d google .apk to find an example download and test that it’s isolated to Adalo. Testing on Android can be a pain with phone settings. If only Adalo .apk is not working should submit a support ticket.

The issue is isolated to Adalo. Tested on 7 different devices now. I have already submitted a support ticket the 3 days ago. No response as of yet ! Seriously affecting the timelines now.

Anyone knows a workaround or a way to contact the adalo team faster ??

Hi @swg
I got reply from adalo support

Reply-1: The reason why you’re getting an error is that your app is a .aab file, which is the latest version of android files. Their testing and installation are done within the PlayStore itself, similar to iOS and they cannot be directly installed on the phone.

Please do check out Adalo Help Docs | Publishing Apps for more information.

Reply-2:"Hi Ahmed,

I understand that this is a difficult place to be in, but this isn’t an Adalo specific situation. These are unfortunately Google mandated policies and you would encounter them anytime while building a native Android application.

That being said, we fully support our makers in whatever decision they take, and please let us know if we can help in any other way."


Thanks a lot for the reply. Yes I figured out the same. The workaround for me has been to use Google Play Console internal testing scheme to test my app. Its a bit cumbersome to download the app from Adalo first, then upload it as a new release in Internal Testing and then download the Google signed APK from Play Console.

But I guess it is what it is.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.