Native QR Scanner not working?

It appears the Native QR scanner on the marketplace seems to be crashing my app on startup. Anyone else experienced this? The app works perfet when the scanner is not added to the build.

This is the error my app gave me on the android xiaomi 11.

com.facebook.react.common.JavascriptException: Error: react-native-permissions: NativeModule.RNPermissions is null. To fix this issue try these steps: • If you are using CocoaPods on iOS, run pod install in the ios directory and then clean, rebuild and re-run the app. You may also need to re-open Xcode to get the new pods. • If you are getting this error while unit testing you need to mock the native module. You can use this to get started: https://github.com/react-native-community/react-native-permissions/blob/master/mock.js If none of these fix the issue, please open an issue on the Github repository: https://github.com/react-native-community/react-native-permissions, stack: @1302:830 v@2:1473 @1301:701 v@2:1473 @1300:663 v@2:1473 @1299:190 v@2:1473 @1298:695 v@2:1473 @410:143 v@2:1473 @6:57 v@2:1473 d@2:875 global code@1603:3 at com.facebook.react.modules.core.ExceptionsManagerModule.reportException(ExceptionsManagerModule.java:83) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at com.facebook.react.bridge.JavaMethodWrapper.invoke(JavaMethodWrapper.java:372) at com.facebook.react.bridge.JavaModuleWrapper.invoke(JavaModuleWrapper.java:151) at com.facebook.react.bridge.queue.NativeRunnable.run(Native Method) at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:942) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99) at com.facebook.react.bridge.queue.MessageQueueThreadHandler.dispatchMessage(MessageQueueThreadHandler.java:27) at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:210) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:299) at com.facebook.react.bridge.queue.MessageQueueThreadImpl$4.run(MessageQueueThreadImpl.java:226) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1012)

This is a known issue per my communication with Adalo CS. It crashed my app as well and I had to remove the scanner for the time being. The issue is the app is a component from a third party developer and not a native component in Adalo. If the developer doesn’t resolve the issue, someone (Adalo) needs to create another QR code component. There is no known time for this to be resolved.

ah jeeze is there any know work around?

I recieved this rsponse from jessi at adalo from my ticket.

I have received communication from our team that a release was made to the platform that should address this issue and resolve it for you. Please push a new build and test again.

If you still experience the same issue again, please let me know asap so I may escalate that to the team immediately.

1 Like

@Noodles, I hope this is the case! Publishing a build right now to test.

Hey All!

As I was replying to tickets this morning and jumped the gun a bit, there was another issue found that may still be causing crashing in certain instances, which is why not everyone received a response.

The team is still working on a fix and I will reply here and in all tickets as soon as it is resolved.

Thanks for your patience!
-J

1 Like

Excellent, thanks very much. Hope it resolved soon got some events tickets that need scanning :joy:

1 Like

for all seeing this it appears to be fixed, i just built a new version and its working flawlessly. Shout out to Jessi from the Adalo Team who kept excellent communication via email and helped get this resolved.

1 Like

yes I also confirm from my side it is working fine, both QR generator and scanner
but still I didn’t receive a confirmation email from Adalo’s team on my ticket

thank you all

Hey @here,

I just confirmed that the issue with the QR Scanner was resolved on both iOS and Android. The initial fix only resolved for iOS which is why I delayed responding to all of the tickets until I could confirm the fix was pushed for both platforms.

Please push a new build and let us know if there are any additional issues!

-J

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.