Hello! I’ve been trying to figure this out for DAYS and might be throwing in the towel. Wondering if someone out there smarter than me can help out.
I’m trying to create a scheduling tool, much like MS Outlook’s ‘set recurrence’ feature.
Here are the entries that a user would enter:
- The start and end dates (between which the events would repeat)
- The start and end times for each meeting block
- Check boxes for the days of the week when this needs to reoccur
- And lastly, a number to indicate the cadence (i.e. ‘2’ or bi-weekly in this case)
- Not pictured: The user set the meeting time on a previous screen. For example, if they set 30 mins, then I want to create as many 30 min. blocks that will fit between the two times. In this case, there would be four 30 min. slots in the 12 - 2pm block.
Some things I set up on the side:
- There is a collection for ‘Individual Meetings’ to capture each new meeting occurrence as it is created.
- Created a separate collection to capture a Counter to count the number of blocks I needed to book in total, in order to get some sort of recursive logic in Button Actions (like this: How to implement scheduling - #4 by karimoo)
Found this too in case it helps: How to derive weekdays from a date
I FEEL like there is a creative, logical way to solve this… Anyone out there have some ideas? Thank you!!