🎉 Notification API | New APIs from Abracadalo

Hello @Jintery,
Unfortunately this is not possible, the only notification type that you can send to webapps are emails.

Best regards,
The Abracadalo Team

1 Like

Hello @Indave,

As I can see in the date collection, the date property is only a “Date” and not a “Date & Time” property. With this you can set exactly the time you need. The only thing that you would need is to add a property in the Collection with the date of the notification (date of the waste -1). Then in the custom action, in the date parameter, you will compose the date yo have the following format 2023-02-16T08:00:00Z

You also have to be careful about your timezone, example if your timezone is GMT-1, you will need to have 2023-02-16T07:00:00Z in order to schedule it in the right time for you. The time format must follow “Txx:xx:xxZ”.

Best regards,
The Abracadalo Team

Hi @Abracadalo
I managed to get the solution, To do so one has to set up an action “Trigger notification” to their form’s
“submit button”. After selecting “Trigger notification” a box will opens up requesting you to choose and fill these column labeled “recipient(users that you want to be receiving notifications it can be “All users or filter if you wishto”)” , “Title” , “Body” and “Screen”. On the “screen” scroll down passing all your current app’s screens until you get “Other Apps” click on it and select the name of your mobile app you want to be receiving notifications whenever a new post/event etc has been CRUD. And finally select a screen from your mobile application where a user will be redirected when they tap on the notifications.

Best regards

Ciao @Abracadalo,
thank you for your valuable help, I am truly grateful.

If I understand correctly in my ‘Date’ collection, I have to add a ‘Date and Time’ property set one day in advance, right? This is precisely to handle notifications.

My time zone is GMT+1, so it is one hour ahead of Greenwitch.

I hope I understood correctly and did the right thing :slight_smile:

Ciao Abracadalo,
I have tried to configure push notification, I have done several tests but I don’t see it working in any way.

Perhaps there are some steps I am missing, even looking at the tutorials on your YouTube channel.
I don’t have a button, but I do have a list that updates according to the day and displays the waste to be put out the door the next day. I have associated the custom action with this list. So I get the specific information to be entered as magic text on the notification form.

I hope to solve this need, after which I will be ready to publish my app :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help
Davide

Hello @Abracadalo I have emailed support, but thought I’d also put a comment here just incase.
I have tried setting up scheduled notifications. The notifications appear on my Abracadalo dashboard with the correct times dates etc, but dont ever get delivered to devices.
When I setup and test instant notifications these work fine no problems and are delivered.
Is there something happening your end? I even signed up to a paid subscription to see if that was the problem!
Please help I have spent hours trying to fix.

Hi everyone.
I might be missing something. I followed the steps in the tutorial about setting up push notifications.
But I dont get where to set it up in a way that logged in user gets the notification. In the youtube tutorial they just use a test email. So I cant figure out where to use the magic formula and input “logged in user”
Thanks in advance.