PIN Login for App

Hello

Is it possible to create a PIN login option? The user signs up then creates a four-six digit pin number that they use to also sign in.

Thanks!

Are you wanting your users to use a pin instead of a password? Or instead of email and password? Or do you want them to use a pin to verify it is them?

If you want them to verify it is them then you could have the user provide a pin number (we can’t set a limit to 4 or 6 at this point) at sign up and then the next time they log in they would use their email and password followed by a screen that would use an input field for their pin and a button that was set to visibility rules and show only if the input matched the logged in uses pin.

If you want them to use the pin instead of a password then you could make a custom sign up page where you asked for the users email and then had 4 input boxes (or 6 if you prefer) where 1 nubmer would go in each box. On the button to “signup” you would create the user and under the password property you would have the magic text for each of the input fields of the pin number.

You would still need an email as we couldn’t validate just off of a pin.

1 Like

Thank you for responding to my message. I would like users to be able use a pin to verify that it is them. Do you have a step-by-step video explaining how to implement this?

@Melissa can you share which of the two scenarios Ashley outlined above that you’re trying to build into your app?

“If you want them to verify it is them then you could have the user provide a pin number (we can’t set a limit to 4 or 6 at this point) at sign up and then the next time they log in they would use their email and password followed by a screen that would use an input field for their pin and a button that was set to visibility rules and show only if the input matched the logged in uses pin.”

@Ben I would like to create the above option. I have managed to create a sign-up page but not sure how to implement the above.

There are 2 ways to achieve what you are wanting to do. The first way is how Ashley described above.

The second way is to use conditional rules for actions.

How to use the 2nd method:

1. Add a new property to the user collection for a text property and call it “Pin”.

2. On the signup form, make sure that this new field is added to the form so that users must fill it in

3. On the login button, create a new action for linking to a new screen.

4. On the new screen, setup a text input field and 2 buttons. One for cancel (linking back to previous screen) and one for “Ok” which will submit the input of the user for their pin. This button will have the following actions…

a)

b)

What this is doing is that if the correct pin for that user is entered, it will proceed to the home screen. If the incorrect pin is entered, it will go to an almost identical screen where the components are all duplicated except a single new line of text is shown below the text input to indicate that the pin entered was wrong.

Here is a short video of it in action.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.