Preview mode has new bugs each day/week I work on the app

Hi everyone. I’m experiencing serious problems with bugs and permanent random changes between the app settings I set and the test in preview mode. They appear quite randomly, even weeks after I completed a screen and never again worked on it. I’ll try to be clear and show you some examples:

• one day a lot of action buttons in different screens stopped working in preview mode. I can see them, click on them and literally nothing happens, as if they are simple shapes (in the app builder I can see that the links are corretly set). To give you an idea: on PC, when I move above them, the arrow of the pointer doesn’t become the typical hand displayed on PCs when you click on some hypertext, link, etc.

• elements often change their position in the background-middle-front on their own

• when I set the same settings for different elements in the app-builder, some of them behave in a way and some others work differently in the preview (E.g. I have 4 action buttons “Stays fixed - Anchor right”, but only one of them actually behaves like that… the other 3 behave as “Stays fixed - Anchor left” even if the settings are the same for all 4 of them)

• elements in the app-builder sometimes start to just disappear from their screen as soon as I drag them an inch up or down, or they jump far away from their screen and show themselves randomly in the white background of the app-builder. Each time I have to delete them and build them from scratch again

I can go on with these issues… Does anyone have an idea of what could cause those kind of issues?? I’m going nuts with it.

In case you’ll ask, I’m working with a Intel(R) Core™ i5-10400T CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz, 64 bit, 8,00 GB RAM. My internet connection is not the fastest, but has always done the job. I’m using Google Chrome as a browser. My app has so far 37 screens.

Screenshot 2023-12-13 190727

Hi @qwerty
The responsive builder can throw you some nasty curve balls.

Don’t use groups, use rectangles / images (containers).

Since the update about a month ago where the assumption is now that you want a new layout in each screen, I have had some proper hair pulling moments.

In your case I would do this… Anchor the objects to the right side of the screen, then shift + Left, to nudge 10 pixels in. Don’t rely on mouse positioning. Personally I would drop all of those action buttons into a long rectangle.

Feel free to clone and share a link. I will gladly look :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.