Publish to Google Play

I submitted my app to Google Play and it was denied publication due to my “Giving” options within my app. I read there Policies and I’m wondering if anyone has any insight. My free app does not require any in-app payments, but being a church app it does have a button that redirects users to external giving platforms. Is there specific verbiage that I am suppose to use to get the all clear? Here is a screenshot of the problematic areas of my app. My current thinking is that I need to put a disclaimer that says something like, “Clicking the button above will take you to external donation services.”

I think you’re right about language/verbiage.

The description on the first page doesn’t give a tangible/physical description of what its being used for, benefits the community/others and what people donating get out of it. I also don’t know what “offering affirmation” means and if its linked to donation or…?

page 1 “ways to give” button are really a selection of “amount to donate”. They may not like replacing giving with donating.
page 2 Choose your donation amount looks fine. Wish I had suggestions for url - I don’t know why they highlighted it.
page 3 “give now” is really “donate now.” Perhaps without “now” its less sales/more charity?
page 4 I’ve never seen “new” above entering credit card details. And right below it says Credit Card Info - Perhaps get rid of it so its not redundant. I would use something more common like “payment.” And I would make sure your terms/privacy policy for storing credit card information is available.

Great to see you helping your church!

Thanks for your feedback.

I ended up added sentences informing users of the external giving options.

My new concern is how to resubmit changes to Google Play? I changed a few things in the store listing, but how do I resubmit the “app” basically saying hey I changed a few things… use this version now???

My thought is to go to the Deobfuscation files of the Google Play console and upload a new “Android Build” from my Publish tab in Adalo. The problem that I am having is that when doing so Google Play console says “Invalid file content. Make sure you upload a symbol file” and “file upload error” when trying to upload Adalo’s Android Build… Any thoughts on resubmitting (as in resubmit what and how)?

You will need to create a new release in order to resubmit changes I believe.

Can you post some screenshots of those errors?

Thanks. First time publishing to app stores. I was uploading the APK to the wrong tap. Update is now in on their end. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.