QR Coder Scanner not showing anything on iOS app

Thank you so much for replying and trying to solve it. We are stuck on a project and need it urgently. Thanks

No worries and much appreciated; happy to keep testing in any way that helps get this component up and running.

I’m curious if there have been any updates this week on the use of the scanner component?

I went ahead and did some additional testing on the PWA and iOS applications. PWA still has the image reversed (rotating right moves the image left on screen), and there is no difference between the front and rear cameras (both facing front).

News on the iOS testing, however, the app on testflight asked for permission and the front camera works excellently! The image on the screen moves in the right direction as I move my phone around. However, when I switch to the rear camera (clicking ‘rear’ on-screen takes you to another screen with another QR scanner that uses the rear camera) the screen is simply black. The app should now have permission to use both cameras, so I’m not sure exactly why the rear camera is not displaying an image here.

We need to wait for Adalo. I believe that in a few hundred weeks we will have this resolved. Adalo’s communication with its customers is phenomenal. ProgramaFlow depends on Adalo to progress, our projects too. We had a complete App that would receive an excellent contract this week, but we lost because of that, on the day of the presentation it was not possible due to the lack of the QR Code reading component that has been having this problem for more than a week. We’ve gone a couple of days without reading the collections.

@TKOTC
I’ve install the QR Coder Scanner right now but I can’t find the “Run QR Scanner in editor” option.
There is any way to check the version I’ve been install?

Hi Micro,

Welcome to the community :partying_face:

Seems like you have downloaded the Qr Scanner in the Adalo Marketplace. Steven’s one is in the Pragmaflow Marketplace. You have to go there and download that Qr Scanner.

https://adalo.pragmaflowservers.com/install-component

But at the momnet it has been closed for a reason. Hope it will open soon!

I’m back, I will get this sorted.

2 Likes

This is magnificent. Gratitude.

Hi All,
thanks for your reply.

I’ve just another question, to access at the “shared with me” library I need to switch to a paid plan?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Go to your settings tab and enable the Developer Mode.

Steven explain it here.

Thanks for your support, now all work fine!

1 Like

Where on Adalo can we find these components after they’ve been installed? I see them under the list of components ‘shared with me’ under Developers, but installing a new component and searching for it when I want to add it shows no results. I tried it out on the Pinch zoom image component, it installed fine but now I can’t find it to use it.

Or you can go to the Private section under Installed section

If you can’t see still I think you have not added it to your team. Click three dots and select your team from there and search.

ujyuj

Perfect, I had to add it to my team!

Just want to keep this thread posted on updates regarding the QR scanner (iOS testing). After my latest testflight update, the front camera for the QR scanner works great (asks permission, moves in the right way as I move my phone) but flipping to the rear camera still leaves a blank black screen.

Currently making do and using the front camera until both will work!

Working on QR scanner now, waiting for some builds to pop out. Fingers crossed I got it right this time!

2 Likes

Fantastic! Will update our testflight when you think it’s ready for another test

Any predictions of when we will have the QR Code reader working properly? Only the camera is working

I am having a hell of a time with this one and I do not understand what is going on… hoping tonight is the night that this is finally resolved. I hate having a post-it note on my wall for too long.

2 Likes