Relationships with external collections

Hi,

I know relationships with external collections has been asked before, but I think this is different. If anyone has any ideas how to make this work in Adalo, I’d be interested!

I’m using an external API to call a list of Items. The API is read only and there are no queries allowed.

A user is presented with a list of the Items (via the API call) and then picks one. There is an Adalo collection called “Events” with an “Item” field and once an Item is selected by a user, the “Item” is updated in an Events record so I associate Items with Events (make sense?)

NOW, what I want is that once an Item is selected and recorded in an Events record, I don’t want that Item to appear again in the list of Items, for any user. Because I can’t associate Items with Events, and I can’t do custom queries, I obviously can’t create any filters on the Items list displayed.

Anyone think of a way to conditionally show a list of Items from an external collection with no query parameters? I assume it can’t be done, but thought I’d check with the brainiacs here.

(EDIT: I solved this using Integromat, but still would be great to get it working natively)

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.