Restrict access by IP address?

Hi, I’m thinking of building an internal tool for our company containing sensitive information of our company, and want to add more security than a password. Can I restrict logins based on some sets of predefined IP addresses? Or device IDs? Basically the goal would be to make it more difficult for someone unauthorized to log in from a new device/location simply by using the email and password. I’m guessing it would be easy to add a new property in the Users collection called IP address/device, but I don’t know how to auto-fill that field without getting very technical.

Any suggestions from power users or devs would be very much appreciated @Arun @dosandco @David

1 Like

Hi Addy, I’ve gotten the basics right while building my app on Adalo, but there’s plenty on Adalo I don’t know about or haven’t worked on yet. Unfortunately the ‘restrict access’ question is one of those ares I have no clue about. So I can’t help you out on this one mate.
Here’s hoping the other members in this forum can sort the matter out. And good luck with your app build.

1 Like

Unfortunately we don’t have those types of options currently. You could probably “hack” it by putting the whole app in an iframe of another page that was restricted by IP address, but then you’d only be restricting accessing the page, not the actual content, which is what you want.

1 Like

Thanks @jeremy, I’ll try to work something out by talking to my tech guy. Thanks for the suggestion, that might work for our needs :smiley: